Third-party Vendor Procurement Policy
- Marquette University requires that electronic and information technology (EIT) be designed, developed, managed, acquired or procured to be accessible to the widest range of users possible, in accordance with federal and state law. To that end, this policy will help ensure purchased EIT is in accordance with federal and state laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the Amendments Act of 2008, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Section 508 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, as amended.
- For university purchases related to electronic solutions, software and hardware (EIT products or services), Marquette must receive confirmation from the supplier or a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) that demonstrates compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, version 2.0 AA.
- If the supplier, or the provided VPAT, does not indicate that the EIT provides full accessibility, then other EIT must be considered. If no EIT, which meets the business needs, fully supports accessibility, then a completed exception request must be attached to the purchase order upon submission to Purchasing.
- For contracts related to EIT, the requesting department must acknowledge the goods or services meet all university requirements or a completed exception request has been approved by the ETAC.
Accessibility Exception Procedure
- Conformance to standards may not always be feasible due to undue burden (difficulty/expense), hardware/software specific to research/development in which no user requires accessibility accommodations, hardware/software for which no equivalent accessible option is available (non-availability).
- Narrowly tailored exceptions to this policy may be granted by the Electronic Technology Accessibility Committee (ETAC) in specific instances where compliance is not possible.
- A request for an accessibility exception may be submitted to the ETAC, c/o Anne Deahl, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An approved exception shall include the following:
- Justification for the exception
- Plan for alternative means of access for persons with disabilities
- Date of expiration
- Appropriate signatures