- About the program
- Apply to the program
- Alumni listing
- Contact us
- Frequently asked questions
- Support us
About Future Milwaukee
Future Milwaukee is a community leadership program with more than 1,500 graduates. For more than 35 years, participants have been making an impact on the Greater Milwaukee area through their leadership positions in government, business, education, religious and nonprofit institutions.
As a measure of the organization’s success and status, beginning in 2005, Future Milwaukee became affiliated with Marquette University. Our mission is to develop, motivate and empower diverse, ethical leaders who create positive change throughout Milwaukee through effective civic engagement.
Future Milwaukee’s graduates represent every facet of community diversity:
- Ethnic diversity: 38 percent people of color (including African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, and those from the Asian-Pacific and Indian subcontinent)
- Gender diversity: 60 percent women; 40 percent men
- People with disabilities
- Age diversity from early 20s to mid-60s
- Employment diversity: 50 percent from private sector; 40 percent from nonprofit sector; 10 percent from government sector
- Geographic diversity from the four-county Greater Milwaukee area.
"Future Milwaukee transformed my perspective of our community and the leadership that makes our city thrive. Having the rare opportunity to interact firsthand with local leaders and learn about their personal and professional missions was inspiring. This program took me out of my comfort zone and introduced me to self-awareness, group dynamics and most importantly, an understanding of my own leadership role. I left with confidence and motivation to continue to develop these skills and I value the lifelong connections and partnerships that were made." Allison Pfeifer, Interior Designer, Eppstein Uhen Architects, Class of 2016-2017.
- Read what other alumni of the program have to say.
If you are looking to broaden and deepen your personal and professional growth, and your understanding of our community, Future Milwaukee is where you need to be. And employers? Whether you are from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, you will find that this program enhances your employee’s leadership skills, and at the same time, builds a stronger commitment to and significantly increases connections with the Greater Milwaukee area.
- Learn more about Christine Hill, Future Milwaukee executive director.