MARQUETTE INTERNSHIP SEARCH Resources
Marquette's online career platform can help you in your search for jobs and internships. Students can access Handshake by using their CheckMarq/eMarq username and password.
Suggestions for searching for internships via Handshake:
- Click on "Jobs" on the top of the page
- Once the Jobs page comes up, check off the "Internships" check box on the left (under "Job Type")
- Narrow the location down to your preferred location (i.e. "city, state")
- From here, you can look through the listing of internships and search for any positions that sound interesting to you; you can also type in descriptive keywords that will help narrow down the types of internships you are looking for (in the "keywords" search bar on the left, above "Location")
Career Services Center:
The CSC provides comprehensive career and professional development services, such as:
- Resumé and cover letter reviews
- Practice Interviews
- Career and major exploration
- Job and internship search guidance
- LinkedIn profile overviews
- Networking and professional etiquette advice
- Help on graduate school decisions
Visit the CSC website to make an appointment or find their location. See also, the CSC's Resume and Cover Letter Guide.
College of Arts and Sciences Internship Office:
Our office provides additional resources to help students find and complete a successful internship, including:
- Guidance in the internship search process
- Assistance in finding funding for your internship, which includes the Great Lakes-funded Career Ready Internship Program (for students who qualify)
- Identifying internship courses that will help you earn credit for your internship
- College of Arts and Sciences Internship Coordinator:
Sensenbrenner Hall, 103
Remember that faculty in your department are here to help you both in and out of the classroom. Several departments have a designated internship coordinator.
- Biology -- Dr. Martin St. Maurice, firstname.lastname@example.org
- English -- Dr. Beth Godbee, email@example.com, or Dr. Cedric Burrows, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Studies - Dr. Stefan Schnitzer, email@example.com
- History -- Dr. Patrick Mullins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math, Statistics, Computer Science -- Dr. Praveen Madiraju, email@example.com
- Political Science -- Dr. Karen Hoffman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social and Cultural Sciences -- Ms. Wendy Volz Daniels, email@example.com
We encourage you to reach out to these coordinators as you plan your internship. Whether your department is listed above or not, do not hesitate to schedule a meeting with your advisor or a current professor to discuss your career goals and find out about internship opportunities within your field. Students are also highly encouraged to contact the College of Arts and Sciences Internship Coordinator, Sarah Curry, for guidance in finding and securing an internship.