Live, work and learn on Capitol Hill
You could spend your summer working alongside U.S. Secret Service agents, conducting research in a FDA laboratory or witnessing public policy in the making in our nation's capital — all through the Les Aspin Center for Government.
We offer specialized internship opportunities for eligible students in any major at any university. You can study in Washington, D.C., Milwaukee or Ghana, Africa — wherever your interests take you.
And we'll tailor your experience to your field of study. Our interns are not just political science majors. They're studying biological sciences, business, communication, engineering, nursing and more.
We've been helping them do that for 25 years, and more than than 2,200 students have had a unique look at the American political process thanks to the Aspin Center. They've worked in nearly 100 congressional offices, the State Department, the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Secret Service, the White House, and the Department of Defense (to name just a few). Many choose to return to Washington, D.C., to pursue careers in public service, and hundreds of Aspin Center alumni are working on Capitol Hill or in other positions at national, state or local levels.
News and events
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - Ryanor Library Conference Room B&C
Thursday, Septermber 25, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - Raynor Library Conference Room B&C
- Application Deadlines
- Spring 2015 - October 20, 2014
- Summer 2015 - February 16, 2015
- Fall 2015 - March 16, 2015
- Les Aspin Center dedicates O'Brien House (The Marquette Tribune, January 21, 2014)
- Les Aspin Center celebrates 25th anniversary (The Marquette Tribune, April 11, 2013)
- Les Aspin Center celebrates 25 years of preparing students for public service (Marquette Matters, December 2012/January 2013)