• New equipment and a lab course enhance learning and research in the department; Dr. Kathy Karrer and Dr. James Courtright will be missed as they retire this spring. Read more.
• Under the leadership of chair Dr. Saunders and later, Dr. Abramoff, the department adds to its faculty numbers in the 1960’s to create a modern research and teaching department. Read more.
• Dr. A. Krishna Kumaran was a member of the department’s faculty from 1969-1997.
• Geneticist Dr. Kathy Karrer came to Marquette in 1989.
• The department’s faculty have presented as invited speakers, researched how to better educate students, and received awards. Read more.
• The undergraduate club BUS has taken off with two successful events this semester and outstanding students are recognized with departmental awards. Read more.
• Graduate student Meghan Fealey describes her first experience of attending a major research conference, and four students will earn degrees and graduate this May. Read more.
• After earning her doctorate at MU, Dr. Michelle Hastings (Ph.D. 1998) now runs her own research lab at Rosalind Franklin University.
We want to stay in touch! Please send any updates, personal or professional, to the newsletter editor: email@example.com