Associate Professor of Accounting
Dr. Ling joined Marquette University in 2007. She earned her bachelor’s degree from
Beijing Technology and Business University and her doctoral degree from Oklahoma State
University. She worked for Occidental Eastern Inc. (A subsidiary of Occidental Oil
and Gas Corp.) and Beijing Ericsson Communication Systems Co. Ltd before she went
back to graduate school. She is an inactive CPA in China.
Dr. Ling has presented papers at various American Accounting Association conferences
and the International Business & Economics Research Conference. She has published
in refereed journals. She has also served as a manuscript referee for an academic
journal and has been a reviewer/discussant for various academic conferences.
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Accounting, Oklahoma State University.
- B.Sc., Accounting, Beijing Technology and Business University, China.
- Beijing Ericsson Communication Systems Co. Ltd., Beijing, China.
- Occidental Eastern Inc. (A subsidiary of Occidental Oil and Gas Corp.), Beijing, China.
Disclosure of financial and non-financial information, corporate governance, financial
reporting issues related to not-for-profit organizations, and the role of information
- Q. Ling. Forthcoming. “Ex Ante Severance Agreements and Timely Disclosure of Bad News.”
Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance.
- Eng, L.L. and Q. Ling. Forthcoming. “Disclosure and cross-listing: evidence from Asia-Pacific
firms” (was titled “The Impact of Firm Disclosure Quality on Cross-Listing Choices”).
International Journal of Accounting and Information Management.
- Ling, Q., and M. Akers. 2010. “An Examination of Underreporting of Time and Premature
Sign-offs by Internal Auditors.” Review of Business Information Systems, Vol. 14 (4)
- Ling, Q., D. Giacomino, M. Browne, and M. Akers. 2009. “An Examination of the Use
of the Board Balanced Scorecard by Large Public Corporations.” Review of Business Information Systems, Vol. 13 (2).
Honors and Awards
- American Accounting Association Government and Nonprofit Section Annual Meeting Outstanding
Research Paper Award, 2011
- The 2010 Real Numbers Award recipient sponsored by Jean Cunningham Consulting
- Faculty-Student scholarship to the 3rd Annual Lean Accounting Summit sponsored by
the Association of Manufacturing Excellence (AME) along with the Institute of Management
- American Accounting Association’s Deloitte-J Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellowship
- William S. Spears School of Business Distinguished Fellowship
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholarship
- Inactive Certified Public Accountant (China)