CheMU: Our undergraduate chemistry society
- CheMU is our undergraduate society, comprising Chemistry and Biochemistry / Molecular Biology majors, and anyone who just loves chemistry! Students have the option of becoming student affiliates of the American Chemistry Society (ACS), and our undergraduates regularly meet and plan activities such as chemistry magic shows, social outings, panel discussions, and much more!
Our past year's activities included, but were not limited to:
- Construction of 3-D periodic table
- ACS General Chemistry and Organic Study Guide Sales
- National Chemistry Week activities
- Lunch and Learn with Hydrite Chemical
- Panel discussion on Summer Research Programs
- Lunch and Learn with Concordia University
- Hunger Cleanup
- Breaking Bad viewings
- Baking and consuming of a cupcake periodic table
- Chemistry Award dinner downtown
We look forward to similar and new exciting events this year.
Interested? You're welcome to join us!
Contact Dr. Chris Dockendorff or Dr. Elena Ivanova, faculty advisors for 2014-2015. We meet every other Tuesday at 5:00 pm on the second floor of TWC.