M.A.P. Facilitator Application
If you wish to apply to be a facilitator for 2016 M.A.P., you should be aware of the following items.
- Your application now includes a $100 non-refundable deposit. Preferred method of payment is a check that will be kept for you and added to your final payment (total $200) for M.A.P. Other methods of payment include cash and Marquette Cash. If you are not chosen to be a facilitator, your money will be returned to you.
- You must have already participated in a M.A.P. trip
- There is no drinking on these trips, even if you are of age and can legally do so. Drinking by some and not others divides the group and seems to suggest that the trips are more like vacation than service.
- All M.A.P. Facilitators (and Participants) must remain in good disciplinary standing with the University up until and including the scheduled M.A.P. trip. Specifically, students who have a student conduct violation that resulted in a probationary status extending into the program, will not be permitted to participate. Please know that a conduct check will occur both when you apply and shortly before March 17, 2016.
The role of the facilitator has three major parts:
- The first is to assist and guide a group of 4-12 students to ensure safety and encourage a positive and inclusive group dynamic.
- The second part is to organize logistics for your group in relation to your site and Marquette University.
- The third is to foster reflections that emphasize prayer, education around social justice, and responding to the call to serve.
Facilitators are expected to attend five mandatory training sessions, two large group M.A.P. Meetings, as well as one post-trip meeting.
Applications for Facilitators are now closed, but there is always room on a trip for you. Applications for participants go live on October 12, 2015 and are due January 29, 2016.
Remember, Spring Break/M.A.P. dates are a little different this year due to the mix of both spring break and Easter break. M.A.P. starts on Thursday, March 17 and goes until Thursday, March 24, 2016. You cannot return back to campus on March 24 and expect to stay in on-campus housing.