Faculty and Staff 2018 Commencement Information
Marquette University will celebrate its 137th year with a Baccalaureate Mass at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 19, at the UW–Milwaukee Panther Arena and Commencement exercises at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 20, at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. Individual weekend activities are planned by individual schools and colleges. Information about these activities will be distributed by the schools and colleges.
All faculty and staff are invited to attend the Baccalaureate Mass. There will be no formal participation in the ceremony itself and, therefore, no need to wear academic apparel at the Mass.
You are encouraged to participate in the Commencement exercises and will be seated on stage. To facilitate our planning for this important event, we would appreciate your cooperation with the following:
- Please indicate your plans about attendance at Commencement by completing this form or calling University Special Events at 8-7431 by Thursday, April 5. By responding that you will attend, a chair is reserved on stage for you.
- If you want to rent academic apparel, please complete the online order form at Herff Jones Faculty Direct or call Rick Hannig at Herff Jones at (262) 363-3055 by Saturday, April 14. If you are a member of the Society of Jesus or a non-salaried employee, you are eligible to receive rental apparel without charge. Please call Rick Hannig to complete your order.
- If you want to purchase a cap and gown and/or hood, please call Rick Hannig immediately at Herff Jones at (262) 363-3055. Please allow eight weeks for delivery. Please note: Academic apparel can be purchased throughout the year by calling Rick at the phone number listed above.
- Distribution of academic apparel will take place in rooms 157 and 163 of the Alumni Memorial Union on Tuesday, May 15, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Wednesday, May 16, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- The robing room for faculty and staff is located in the inner lobby of Northwest Lobby D. Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. and enter the building at the Kohl's gate on the northwest corner. Ushers will direct you. Dissertation directors should go to locker room C.
We look forward to your participation in these special ceremonies honoring our graduates. Please call University Special Events at 8-7431 if you have any questions about this information.