Paperless Option for W-2 Forms
Marquette University is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to furnish all employees with a Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) to report the employee's compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year. Beginning with the 2014 W-2 forms, all Marquette University employees (faculty, staff and students) have the option to only receive their W-2 electronically via MyJob - Employee Self Service (preferred) or to continue receiving paper W-2 forms in the mail.
Please read the following disclosure notice and follow the instructions to provide the required consent for a paperless W-2. Questions regarding this notice may be directed to any Payroll Department representative.
- If an employee does not consent to receive their W-2 statement only electronically, a paper copy will be mailed to the employee's home address. (The default setting is to provide W-2s in both print and electronic formats.)
- Consent is effective immediately and for all subsequent tax years unless it is withdrawn or until employment is terminated.
- After giving consent, an employee may still receive a printed W-2 by submitting a written request to the Payroll Manager via email (email@example.com), or via campus or postal mail to: Marquette University, Payroll Department, Straz Tower Room 175, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881.
- Employees may provide consent as follows: Log in to MyJob-Employee Self Service. Go to Personal Actions, W2 Printing Options, and change the Paper document type from Yes to No. By submitting a W-2 document preference of Paper = No, you are consenting to no longer receive a paper Form W-2.
- Employees may withdraw consent at any time via either of the two methods listed below. If consent is withdrawn it will be effective on the date it is received and will only be effective for the W-2 statements not yet issued.
- Preferred method to withdraw consent: Log in to MyJob - Employee Self Service. Go to Personal Actions, W2 Printing Options, and change the Paper document type from No to Yes. When completed, employees will receive a notification in MyJob confirming the change was made.
- Alternate method to withdraw consent: Submit a written request to the Payroll Manager via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via campus or postal mail to: Marquette University, Payroll Department, Straz Tower Room 175, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881. Confirmation of the withdrawal will also be in writing (electronically or on paper).
- Terminated employees will automatically receive a paper W-2 statement, mailed to the last home address on record in MyJob. Terminated employees are required to notify the Payroll Department of any change in address to reduce the risk of lost or misdirected mail.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring their address is up to date for tax reporting purposes. The address is visible via MyJob - Employee Self Service. Faculty and staff must submit changes via MyJob - Employee Self Service, Personal Information. Student employees must submit changes via CheckMarq. Please contact any Payroll Department representative for assistance.
- The hardware and software required to access, print and retain a W-2 include an Internet connection, web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Computers meeting these requirements are available throughout campus, including kiosks in Human Resources, AMU, Facilities Services and Raynor Memorial Libraries.
- If an employee encounters technical difficulties trying to access their W-2, the employee should contact the IT Services Help Desk.