Steven Levsen, Ph.D.
- PRST 1120 Aspects of Modern Science
- Marquette University, Ph.D. Philosophy, Organic Chemistry
- U.W. Platteville, B.S. Chemistry
- Adjunct Instructor, Marquette University College of Professional Studies (1997-Present)
- Associate Professor of Chemistry and Chemistry Program Director, Mount Mary University (1998-Present)
- Adjunct Instructor, Carroll University College of Professional Studies/College of Health and Life Sciences (1999-Present)
- Founder and Owner, Stoney Meadow Farm (2008-Present)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Marquette University College of Arts & Sciences (2001-2013)
- Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (1997-1998)
- Preparatory Course Instruction, Kaplan Educational Center (1994-1998)
- Production Chemist I/Process Development, Aldrich Chemical Company (1988)
- Quality Control Laboratory Technician, Aldrich Chemical Company
Honors and Achievements
- National General Chemistry Examination Committee of the American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Chemical Education's Examination Institute (2009)
- Teaching Excellence Award, Mount Mary College (2007)
- Visiting Faculty Fellow, Marquette University (2000)
Presentations and Publications
- "Medical School by Design," CollegeXpress Online Publication, 2013.
- "Building Connections Between the Sciences: An Integrated Approach to Science Education," Chemists' Circle, April 2007.
- "The Importance of Science in a Liberal Arts Education" for Marquette University PRST 010, Maureen E. McAvoy, Ed.D., Professor, February 2007.
- Lane, T.M.; Levsen, S.M.; Tasz, M.K.; Cremer, S.E.; Hussain, M.S.; Mazhar-ul-Haque; Heteroatom Chemistry 1996, 7, 1, 9-15. "Conformational and Solid-State Studies of Diphenyl 1-Hydroxy-1 phenylethylphosphonate."
- Peterson, A.C.; Levsen, S.M.; Cremer, S.E. Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon 1996, 115, 241-254. "Preparations and Transformations of Bifunctional Exo-2-Phosphorus Substituted Bicyclo[2.2.1]heptanes."
- Levsen, S.M.; Peterson, A.C.; Cremer, S.E. Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon 1996, in press, "Stereoselective Preparation of the endo-2-Phosphorus Substituted Bicyclo[2.21]heptane System."
- Levsen, S.M. Ph.D. Thesis, Marquette University, Dec. 1996. "Intermolecular and Intramolecular Diastereoselective Transformation of Prochiral Organophosphorus Compounds."
- Levsen, S.M.; Cremer, S.E.; Peterson, A.C.; presented at the 25th Great Lakes Regional ACS Meeting; Marquette University, 1992. "Preparation and Derivitization of Bicyclic Phosphonate Esters."
- Member - Current President, Chemists' Circle (2004-Present)
- Alternate Councilor, Milwaukee ACS Section (2012-2013)
- Member, National General Chemistry Examination Committee of the American Chemical Society (2009)