"Marquette University offers more than an excellent education, it prepares students to become effective leaders and mindful world citizens. The College of Professional Studies offers a truly unique program for non-traditional adult learners who will make a difference, both personally and professionally. I am proud to be a part of this diverse CPS family and cherish the life-long connections I have made throughout my own educational and teaching experiences at MU."
Michelle (Masluk) Wendt, M.A.
- CMST 1000 Introduction to Communication
- CMST 2000 Introduction to Small Group Communication
- CMST 2100 Interpersonal Communication
- CMST 2310 Argumentation
- CMST 3100 Communication and Conflict
- CMST 3210 Business and Professional Presentations
- CMST 3200 Organizational Communication
- CMST 3310 Ethics in Human Communication
- CMST 3300 Persuasion
- LEOR 3045 Interpersonal Conflict Management
- Marquette University
- M.A. Communication Studies
- Faculty Excellence in Service Award, College of Professional Studies (2013)
- Adjunct Instructor, Marquette University College of Professional Studies, Professional Communication/Leadership and Organizations
- LeaderPro Communication Facilitator/Coach, The Paranet Group, Inc. (2013-Present)
- Adjunct Instructor, Concordia University Communication Department (2010-Present)
- Adjunct Faculty, Marquette University College of Communication
- Education Specialist, Medical College of Communication, Academic Affairs (1998-2000)
- Instructional Assistant, Marquette University College of Professional Studies (1997-1998)
- Research Assistant, Marquette University College of Communication (1996)
- Teaching Assistant, Northern Michigan University (1995)
- Public Relations Internship, Northern Michigan University (1995)
- Interpersonal Communication
- Organizational Leadership
- Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Instructional Design
- Distance Learning
Presentations and Publications
- Meagher, R. and Wendt, M. (2013). Concise Communication Workshops. The Paranet Group, Inc.
- Wendt, M. (2000). Effective Introductions and Conclusions. Brown Bag Workshop/Faculty Development presented at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Wendt, M. (1999). Demonstration, Training and Evaluation of Standardized Patients. Brown Bag Workshop/Faculty Development presented at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Biernat, K. and Masluk, M. (1999). Getting to Carnegie Hall: Using standardized patients in palliative care education. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 2, 221-225.
- Sherman, E. and Masluk, M. (1999). Integrating communication skills within existing course/clerkships: A faculty needs assessment. Presented at the conference on Communication Medicine, Evanston, IL.
- Sherman, E. and Masluk, M. (1999). Teaching and assessment strategies for communication skills by community preceptors. Poster presented at the conference on Communication in Medicine, Evanston, IL.
- Anderson, A., Masluk, M., Wang-Cheng, R., and Simpson, D. (1999). Completing the learning cycle: Teaching students to be teachers. Poster presented at the meeting of the Central Group on Educational Affairs, St. Louis, MO.
- Cantrill, J. and Masluk, M. (1996). Place and privilege as predictors of how the environment is described in discourse. Communication Reports, 9, 79-84.
- Cantrill, J. and Masluk, M. (1995) Environmental perception and the Beartooth Alliance: Socioeconomic struggles at the grassroots. Proceedings of the conference on Communication and our Environment, Cattanooga, TN.
- Spinning Your Web Classroom, Facilitation of an Online Course, Understanding Cheating in Online Courses and various e-Learning courses via Marquette University Center for Teaching and Learning and Concordia University's Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Faculty Development Programs.