Understanding the impact and role diversity plays in society and the dental profession the Office of Diversity is committed to being a vital link to Marquette University and the local community.
In part, the Office mission is to help create and maintain an environment that is welcoming, responsive and one which meets the need of students, faculty, administrators and staff. We serve as a contributor to everyone’s success.
The Office of Diversity partners with Dental faculty, staff and administrator to provide a network of services. We provide academic support, advising, programming and involvement in community outreach both on campus and within the local area.
Promotes diversity by creating and implementing programs, partnerships and services that educate, inform, empower, and provide outreach and opportunity.
“Change Agent” with a global view in approaching diversity, awareness, accessibility and leadership for the 21st century.
OUR PHILOPOSHY: “Respecting and Honoring Difference; We Bridge the Gap”.
The Office of Diversity together with the Health Career Opportunity Program (HCOP) sponsors five pre-matriculation programs for high school and college students. HCOP is a federally funded program that provides opportunities for disadvantaged students who are interested in the health career fields.
- Summer Science Enrichment Program: A six week summer program designed for high school sophomores, juniors, and senior who are interested in dentistry.
- College Science Enrichment Program: A six week summer program targeting college sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are interested in pursuing a dental career.
- Pre-Enrollment Support Program: A six week summer program designed to provide eligible students with an introduction to the dental curriculum and assist them in making the transition from the pre-professional studies to the demanding professional phase.
Impressions: An innovative recruitment program which addresses the dental admission process, financial aid issues, the Dental Admission Test, mock interviews and more. The primary goal is to increase applications and acceptance of disadvantaged students to Marquette University School of Dentistry. The entire program is student operated.
**There is no cost to the student for participating in HCOP; the program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Collaboration is key to providing outreach to local and regional communities. The Office of Diversity, HCOP and Marquette’s Student National Dental Association (SNDA) have formed
partnerships that allow us to be active in the community. Programs are geared toward outreach and recruitment targeting disadvantaged student populations.
- CCMS - Growing Our Own
- NARCH - Dentist for a Day
- Boys and Girls Club Mentoring
- Milwaukee - Area High School Visits
- Local, Regional and National College and Pre-Collage Fairs
- AHEC Youth Health Services Corp Dental School Visits
- YMCA's Black Achiever's Youth Program
- CCHE - Indigenous Health and Wellness Resource Fair
To learn more about the Office of Diversity, or to get more information about our programs, please contact:
Office of Diversity
School of Dentistry, 102G
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-3573 | (414) 288-5593 (FAX)