Saturday April 11, 2015 the following students, Kevin Klar D3, Eric Reigle D4 and Allison Schubert D3 were inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, The Honor Society of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
On Friday, April 24, Marquette School of Dentistry will honor three incredible people with alumni awards. Dr. Timothy Ward is the 2015 Distinguished Alumnus in Dentistry, Dr. Paul Lovdahl will receive the Outstanding Dental Service Award and Dr. Allison Rhodes Dowd will receive the first Young Alumna of the Year award.
Dr. Despoina Bompolaki, awarded second place at the Stanley D. Tylman Research Competition, funded by the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, a month ago (2/15). The topic of the research was "Fracture resistance of lithium disilicate restorations after endodontic access preparation; an in vitro study".
The votes have been tallied and our new members for staff council are...…..(3/15)
Clarice Burrell- Deans Office
Juan Medina- Sterilization
Theresa Carroll- Clinic A
Dr. Despoina Bompolaki has successfully challenged the American Board Of Prosthodontics and is now Board Certified. (3/15)
Dr. Dawei Liu has successfully challenged the Part III portion of the American Board Of Orthodontics and is now Board Certified. (3/15)
The search for a new MUSoD Faculty representative to the University Academic Senate (UAS) is Complete. Dr. Brian Hodgson has been elected by the full-time faculty to represent our school at the UAS for a term of 3 years. (3/15)
Recent publications, 2/15
Recent publications, 2/15
1. Okunseri C. There are More Than 1.3 Million Emergency Department Visits and Charges of $1 Billion Annually due to Nontraumatic Dental Conditions in the United States. J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2015 Mar; 15(1):33-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jebdp.2014.12.002. Epub 2014 Dec 13th PMID: 25666580 [PubMed - in process]
2. Cho SH, Schaefer O, Thompson GA, Guentsch A. Comparison of accuracy and reproducibility of casts made by digital and conventional methods. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Feb 11. pii: S0022-3913(14)00530-7. doi: 10.1016/j.prosdent.2014.09.027. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25682531 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
3. M. Razavi, E. Salahinejad, M. Fahmy, M. Yazdimamaghani, L. Tayebi Green Chemical and Biological Synthesis of Nanoparticles and Their Biomedical Application (Chapter 17) Book Chapter at "Green Processes for Nanotechnology: From Inorganic to Bioinspired Nanomaterials", Publisher: Springer (Accepted, 2015)
4. M. Yazdimamaghani†, M. Razavi†, D. Vashaee , V. R. Pothineni, J. Rajadas, L.Tayebi, (†:Equal contribution), Significant degradability enhancement in multilayer coating of polycaprolactone-bioactive glass/gelatin-bioactive glass on magnesium scaffold for tissue engineering applications, Applied Surface Science, (Accepted, 2015)
5. M. Yazdimamaghani, M. Razavi, L. Tayebi Surface modification of biodegradable porous Mg bone scaffold using polycaprolactone/bioactive glass composite Materials Science and Engineering C, DOI:10.1016/j.msec.2015.01.041 Volume 49, Pages 436–444, (2015)
6. M. Razavi, M. Fathi, O.savabi, L. Tayebi
In vitro analysis of electrophoretic deposited fluoridated hydroxyapatite coating on micro arc oxidized AZ91 magnesium alloy for biomaterials applications
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, DOI: 10.1007/s11661-014-2694-2, 2015, Volume 46, Issue 3, pp 1394- 1404 (2015)
7. F. Heidari, M. E. Bahrololoom, L. Tayebi In situ preparation of iron oxide nanoparticles in natural hydroxyapatite/chitosan matrix for bone tissue engineering application Ceramics International, Volume 41, Issue 2, Part B, Pages 3094–3100, Doi:10.1016/j.ceramint.2014.10.153 (2015)
Faculty promotions-Tenure Track
Dr. David Berzins on his promotion to the rank of Professor effective July 1, 2015.
Dr. Gary Stafford on his promotion to the rank of Associate Professor with Tenure effective July 1, 2015.
Ms. LynnAnn Bryan on her promotion to the rank of Clinical Professor effective July 1, 2015.
Dr. Michael Grady on his promotion to the rank of Clinical Associate Professor effective July 1, 2015