Marquette's online directory.
(Search for faculty by name)
Marquette's online directory of dental contacts
(A to Z listing of all dental employees)
Dr. Lisa Koenig was an invited speaker at the 50th
annual session of the Academy of Brazilian Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologists.
She gave her talk on "Advanced Concepts of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiographic
Interpretation" on Thursday November 3rd in Recife, Brazil.
Dr. Ardt Guetsch has had a manuscript accepted in a German
Practice-based Sample, Clinical Oral Investigations, entitled Oral Health and
Dr. Ximena Meza-Baerstch will serve as the Interim Director for the
Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program until a permanent Director is
Ms. Amber May to the position of Director of Diversity and Inclusion for the
School of Dentistry.
Thompson, and Seokhwan Aaron Cho, Have a manuscript accepted for
publication in the Journal of Prosthet Dentistry. Title: A method to facilitate
the fabrication of access openings for implant-supported complete fixed dental
Agrawal, Geoffrey Thompson, Seokhwan (Aaron) Cho, and Gerald
Ziebert. Have a manuscript accepted for publication in the Journal
of Prosthet Dentistry. Title: Evaluation of die trim morphology made by CAD/CAM
Drs. Daniel Domagala, Charles Pechous and Neal Bucholtz Have all promoted to
Fodor, D2, has received the ASDA Gold Crown Award for “ …the
District 7 Delegate of the Year Award. This award is selected by the board of
trustees from all chapter leaders in District 7 and is presented to the
individual that demonstrates personal dedication and outstanding achievement on
behalf of ASDA and its local chapter members. It is a prestigious
Please congratulate Sarah when you see her!
Dr. Agnieszka Domagala promoted to the rank of
Clinical Associate Professor.
Dr. Timothy Creamer and Dr. Sheila Stover promoted to the rank of Clinical
Dr. Donate-Bartfield promoted to Professor.
Dr. Geoffrey Thompson promoted to Associate
Professor with tenure.
Dr. Pradeep Bhagavatula promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
Dr. Ximena Meza-Baerstch recently accepted the position of Director at Marquette University Community Dental Clinic – South. She has been a valued colleague for many years, with an abundance of private practice and academic experience. Congratulations to Dr. Meza-Baertsch regarding this new chapter of her professional career.
Drs. Sheila Stover, Lans Hasimoto and Gary Stafford were inducted into Fellowship in the International College of Dentists on Friday November 6, 2015
Dr. Richard Hagner was inducted into Fellowship in the American College of Dentists in Washington D.C. on Thursday November 5, 2015
Dr. Gary L Stafford had this article published, "Platform Switching of Implants May Decrease Bone Loss," in Evid Based Dent 16: 84-85; doi:10.1038/sj.ebd.6401117
Dr. Patrick Longo has accepted the position as the Pre-Doctoral Program Director for General Dentistry in the Department of General Dental Sciences
Thomas Wirtz, director of informatics, will be recongnized with an Excellence in University Service Award on June 3rd. Tom is passionate about technology. However, his colleagues say Tom is more than just passionate — he's innovative. "I like trying to find new ways to use technology to make a person's work easier or more productve," Tom says. "It's rewarding and enouraging to help people learn a new skill."
Dr.’s Kassab and Nenn received an award from the Department of Justice (along with Beverly Taylor from Fox 6 news) for their efforts in providing dental care for someone who was a victim of a violent act. This award was part of the Dept of Justice’s Honors program for National Victims Crime Week and was presented last Friday.
Dr. Albert Abena was appointed as Senior Director of Marquette University Community Dental Clinics. This new role will support the guide the education and patient care functions at these important sites. In this role, Dr. Abena will report to Dr. Hagner. He will continue to directly oversee operations at the CDC- North Clinic. In addition, the CDC- South Clinic Director will report to Dr. Abena. Dr. Abena will be responsible oversight and direction in the administration and management of the educational and clinical service functions of these clinic sites. I am pleased that Dr. Abena has accepted this new role, and I look forward to supporting him as he works to help the clinics fulfill the critical mission they have for the dental school.
Saturday April 11, 2015 the following students, Kevin Klar D3, Eric Reigle D4 and Allison Schubert D3 were inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, The Honor Society of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
On Friday, April 24, Marquette School of Dentistry will honor three incredible people with alumni awards. Dr. Timothy Ward is the 2015 Distinguished Alumnus in Dentistry, Dr. Paul Lovdahl will receive the Outstanding Dental Service Award and Dr. Allison Rhodes Dowd will receive the first Young Alumna of the Year award.
Dr. Dawei Liu has successfully challenged the Part III portion of the American Board Of Orthodontics and is now Board Certified. (3/15)
The search for a new MUSoD Faculty representative to the University Academic Senate (UAS) is Complete. Dr. Brian Hodgson has been elected by the full-time faculty to represent our school at the UAS for a term of 3 years. (3/15)
Recent publications, 2/15
1. Okunseri C. There are More Than 1.3 Million Emergency Department Visits and Charges of $1 Billion Annually due to Nontraumatic Dental Conditions in the United States. J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2015 Mar; 15(1):33-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jebdp.2014.12.002. Epub 2014 Dec 13th PMID: 25666580 [PubMed - in process]
2. Cho SH, Schaefer O, Thompson GA, Guentsch A. Comparison of accuracy and reproducibility of casts made by digital and conventional methods. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Feb 11. pii: S0022-3913(14)00530-7. doi: 10.1016/j.prosdent.2014.09.027. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25682531 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
3. M. Razavi, E. Salahinejad, M. Fahmy, M. Yazdimamaghani, L. Tayebi Green Chemical and Biological Synthesis of Nanoparticles and Their Biomedical Application (Chapter 17) Book Chapter at "Green Processes for Nanotechnology: From Inorganic to Bioinspired Nanomaterials", Publisher: Springer (Accepted, 2015)
4. M. Yazdimamaghani†, M. Razavi†, D. Vashaee , V. R. Pothineni, J. Rajadas, L.Tayebi, (†:Equal contribution), Significant degradability enhancement in multilayer coating of polycaprolactone-bioactive glass/gelatin-bioactive glass on magnesium scaffold for tissue engineering applications, Applied Surface Science, (Accepted, 2015)
5. M. Yazdimamaghani, M. Razavi, L. Tayebi Surface modification of biodegradable porous Mg bone scaffold using polycaprolactone/bioactive glass composite Materials Science and Engineering C, DOI:10.1016/j.msec.2015.01.041 Volume 49, Pages 436–444, (2015)
6. M. Razavi, M. Fathi, O.savabi, L. Tayebi
In vitro analysis of electrophoretic deposited fluoridated hydroxyapatite coating on micro arc oxidized AZ91 magnesium alloy for biomaterials applications
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, DOI: 10.1007/s11661-014-2694-2, 2015, Volume 46, Issue 3, pp 1394- 1404 (2015)
7. F. Heidari, M. E. Bahrololoom, L. Tayebi In situ preparation of iron oxide nanoparticles in natural hydroxyapatite/chitosan matrix for bone tissue engineering application Ceramics International, Volume 41, Issue 2, Part B, Pages 3094–3100, Doi:10.1016/j.ceramint.2014.10.153 (2015)
Faculty promotions-Tenure Track
Dr. David Berzins on his promotion to the rank of Professor effective July 1, 2015.
Dr. Gary Stafford on his promotion to the rank of Associate Professor with Tenure effective July 1, 2015.
Ms. LynnAnn Bryan on her promotion to the rank of Clinical Professor effective July 1, 2015.
Dr. Michael Grady on his promotion to the rank of Clinical Associate Professor effective July 1, 2015