The Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee is comprised of leadership from nine area institutions
of higher education, including Alverno College, Cardinal Stritch University, Carroll University, Concordia University, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Wisconsin Lutheran College, Marquette University, Mt. Mary College and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Mission: Education Deans of Greater Milwaukee leverage assets of our institutions to support the continuous improvement of PK-21 education in the region. To accomplish this mission, we also engage others who share our common goals.
- As co-equal partners, we speak with one voice and take action together when addressing issues that face all of us and where we have a common position or are addressing a common need.
- We respect the distinctive programs and needs of each of our institutions while understanding that the work we do together is broader and has greater impact than any individual effort.
- We see our work together as serving the greater good, especially children in the Milwaukee Metro Area and learners of all types and ages.
- All decisions about initiatives or public statements are made by consensus and affirmed, if necessary, by the policy groups at each of our individual institutions.
- We are committed to drawing on or enhancing the strengths of each institution and sharing responsibility among the institutions to carry out the initiatives we’ve agreed to.
- All members of EDGM bring issues that are relevant to all members to the table. These can become an impetus for a new public statement or initiative.
- We draw on other resources from our institutions in the planning process for specific initiatives.