Programs and Support
The school choice community in Milwaukee and around the country is committed to improved school quality for our most vulnerable children. Schools working towards high student achievement for all children need advocates and networks to support their efforts. ITL is joined by the following organizations that support these schools.
- Milwaukee Summer Reading Program (MSRP)
- Black Alliance for Education Options www.baeo.org
- The Independent Charter School Collaborative of Wisconsin supports charter schools sponsored by the City of Milwaukee, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Parkside. Contact Cindy Zautcke at (414) 828-6977 for more information Click Here.
- The Religious and Independent School Advisory Council works with MPS on matters relating to private schools and No Child Left Behind and IDEA.
- Great Schools Milwaukee provides information directly to parents about all Milwaukee K12 schools, how to choose and how to be good partners in their children's education. (www.greatschools.net) (414) 477-3540
- Charter starter2 final special education primer by Paul Haubrich
- 2013 -14 City of Milwaukee Charter School Application
- Please note: Applicants wishing to submit a charter school application can do so by the following DUE dates:
- February 1. 2013 (4:30 City Clerk's office)- This application cycle is for applicants that want to open a new school, or for those that already operate a school in Milwaukee or other cities. Schools approved during this cycle will open fall of 2014.
- September 6, 2013
- This application cycle is for applicants that already operate a school in Milwaukee or in other cities. Schools approved during this cycle may open in fall of 2013 or in fall of 2014
- Technical Review of the applications are scheduled from February 4-15, 2013.
- Applicatants are expected to provide a response to the Technical Review on a date to be determined by the CSRC staff between February 18-22, 2013.
- Public Hearings on applications will be set between March 4-15, 2013.
- Recommendations on the applications will take place between April 1-10, 2013.
- Questions regarding the application, contact Cindy Zautcke at (414)-828-6977
- CHARTER SCHOOL FUNDING1 by alex