St. Robert Parish Seeks Catechists
[Back to COED Friends News]
Catechist - Elementary Religious Education Program
St. Robert Parish (Shorewood) seeks catechists who wish to share in the mission of the Church by walking in faith and sharing the faith with children, grades K5 - 8. These are volunteer positions, which report to our Director of Religious Education.
- Prepare lessons – resources are available for lesson planning. Creativity is encouraged.
- Teach Sunday morning class (approximately 60 minutes). Classes are team taught.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class to set up and greet students
- Tidy classroom after class
- Establish dialogue with the families of the students via introductory / welcome letter and regular class updates (letter or e-mail)
- Attend catechist training as required
- Preparation time: 1-2 hours/week
- Class time: Approximately 20 Sunday morning sessions over the course of the academic year (September-April). Classes are held in St. Robert school classrooms, from 9:45-10:45 (plan to arrive by 9:30).
- Additional sacramental preparation (2nd grade) may be requested but is not required
- Meeting time: An additional 1-2 hours / quarter may be required for catechist meetings
In-service training provided and Director is available for guidance, direction and support
- Willingness to share the Catholic faith and nurture the faith of our children
- Be in communion with the Catholic Church
- Willingness to work on a team and to collaborate for the good of the community
For more information contact:
Director of Religious Education
(414) 332-1164 ext. 3032
WANT MORE NEWS & UP TO DATE JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS?