Marquette University College of Education Graduation Ceremony & Reception
Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014
Reception: 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be available
Ceremony: 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Pabst Theater, 144 East Wells Street (2 blocks south, then 4 blocks east of the Bradley Center)
RSVP: ONLY Graduation candidates should email Carol Stachewicz, Executive Assistant to the Dean (email@example.com) with the number of guests (up to SIX)
RSVP's will be accepted beginning Monday, April 7 and must be submitted NO later than Monday, May 12
Who should attend?
- Degree and certification candidates, and up to SIX guests, due to space limitations.
- RSVP is mandatory for attendance at our ceremony.
What is this event about?
- The College of Education’s participation in overall university graduation events
When do these events occur?
Saturday, May 17, 2014
- 1:00-1:30 Reception (light refreshments will be served)
- 1:30-1:45 All degree and certification candidates should be present for assembly
- 1:45-1:55 Candidates will assemble for procession into auditorium (Tina McNamara, Director of Undergraduate Advising, will manage students and order of entry)
- 2:00 Graduation program begins with procession of faculty and candidates
- 3:00-3:30 Program ends, recessional of faculty and candidates, photo opportunities in and outside of the Pabst Theater
Where do these events occur?
- Pabst Theater, 144 East Wells Street (just east of the bridge, on Water and Wells Streets)
- Beginning at 1:00, the reception will be held in the room to the right of the main entrance (Wells Street, just west of Water Street)
- Please use main (Wells Street) entrance unless you need to access the building via the handicap entrance
- Handicap entrance is on Water Street, east side of the Pabst Theater
- Street and paid lot parking is available. Handicap parking is also available in the lot attached to the Pabst Theater. There are a number of parking lots/structures in the area. You should choose one that best suits your schedule for the day.
Contact person for this event:
Carol Stachewicz, Executive Assistant to the Dean
Timeframe for RSVP is Monday, April 7, and no later than Monday, May 12.
Carol can also be contacted for additional questions or concerns about this event.
The purpose of this event is to individually honor our candidates for graduation in the following areas:
- Baccalaureate degree in elementary and secondary education
- Post-baccalaureate certificate programs for director of instruction, elementary education, secondary education, principal, reading teacher, reading specialist, and superintendent
- Master of arts in counseling, curriculum and instruction, and educational policy and foundations
- Master of science in clinical mental health counseling
- Master of education in college student personnel administration, elementary education, literacy, and secondary education
- Doctorate in counseling psychology
- Doctorate in educational policy & leadership
This is our College ceremony, and as such, all candidates for graduation will walk across the stage beginning with the undergraduates and ending with our doctoral candidates (hooding of May doctoral candidates occurs at the university commencement ceremony).
There are no tickets for this event, but we require check-in at the door. So, we request that you adhere to the requested number of guests in order to accommodate all of our graduates. Please RSVP, as we need an accurate count of attendees in the event that someone needs to request extra seating.
All candidates for graduation should wear graduation apparel (cap and gown).
Please note that attendance at our ceremony is not mandatory.
No diplomas are distributed at our ceremony. Master’s level candidates who complete their program in May receive their diplomas after the university’s official ceremony on Sunday, May 18.
Additional information regarding Marquette University-wide graduation can be found online.