CECP Graduate Student Organization
The purpose of the CECP GSO shall be to unite graduate students, both masters and doctoral, in the Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology Department, for the purpose of professional and personal development, disseminating information relevant to CECP students' education and training, and organizing meetings of the CECP GSO members in both professional and social settings. The CECP GSO will be used as a vehicle to help students develop personally and professionally, and improve the program.
- Mentor Program: Sign-up for the mentoring program if you haven't already, and you’ll be connected with a masters or doctoral level student who can provide insight and advice throughout the year. Mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet at least twice a semester for discussions, updates, and helpful information sharing.
- Professional Development Conferences (PDCs): Held once per month (typically after evening classes) these workshops provide networking and learning opportunities designed with all levels of students in mind.
- Social Events: What better way to get to know your cohort and colleagues than to socialize outside of class! Friends, partners and children are welcome and invited to all events!
- The Diversity Gala: The Diversity Gala is a formal event celebrating the diversity within the CECP department as well as the Diversity Scholarship recipient (a scholarship funded by the CECP GSO).
- The Research Exchange: Held in collaboration with the Clinical Psychology department, the Research Exchange is a way for our students to present the research that they have been working on throughout their time in program. This event not only allows us to practice presenting research in a professional environment, but also encourages students to network and create positive connections with other graduate students, undergraduates, and professors.
- Community Events: Join our GSO as we participate in events hosted by the university, such as:
Brigg's & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital
Hunger Clean Up
Mental Health Awareness Week