CECP Graduate Student Organization
The purpose of the CECP GSO shall be to unite graduate students, both masters and doctoral, in the Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology Department, for the purpose of professional and personal development, disseminating information relevant to CECP students' education and training, and organizing meetings of the CECP GSO members in both professional and social settings. The CECP GSO will be used as a vehicle to help students develop personally and professionally, and improve the program.
- Mentor Program: Sign-up for the mentoring program if you haven't already, and you’ll be connected with a masters or doctoral level student who can provide insight and advice throughout the year. Mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet at least twice a semester for discussions, updates, and helpful information sharing.
- The Graduate Journal in Counseling Psychology: The GJCP was developed to provide graduate students the opportunity to publish, as lead authors, clinical/practice-oriented and experimental research on issues relevant to the field of counseling psychology. In addition to opportunities to publish, the GJCP offers interested students the chance to join the editorial board and gain experience providing peer review for academic manuscripts.
- Professional Development Conferences (PDCs): Held oncer per month (after class) these workshops will provide networking and learning opportunities designed with all levels of students in mind.
- Social Events: What better way to get to know your cohort and colleagues than to socialize outside of class! Friends, partners and children are welcome and invited to all events!
- The Diversity Gala: The Diversity Gala is a formal event celebrating the diversity within the CECP department as well as the Diversity Scholarship recipients (a scholarship funded by the CECP GSO).