Using the DLL
DLL access policy
DLL operations policy
DLL work order policy
Please plan ahead when using the DLL.
- Read the DLL operations and use policy.
- Prepare a reaslistic timeline for your project. The DLL is used by other students, faculty and staff, so it is crucial to allow sufficient time in your timeline to complete your project. Contact the DLL engineer for an appointment to discuss the project and tooling requirements.
You can make parts yourself OR the DLL tech staff can make parts.
You make the parts
- Obtain training for any machine tools the project requires.
- Safety training is required for anyone wishing to use the DLL. The safety training depends on the level of access to equipment needed for the project. NOTE: Lathes and mills mamy be needed but mastering this equipment takes time and practice so plan you schedule accordingly. DLL staff will assist students in selectrin the proper tooling to safely and accurately complete a job.
DLL staff makes the parts
- Student creates print for parts.
- Student obtains materials needed for production.
- Student places a work order for the parts to be made by DLL staff.