Student in class

Undergraduate independent study

Provisions exist on a limited basis for junior and senior students to engage in independent study under the approved direction of a faculty member. Students wishing to avail themselves of this option should obtain the faculty director's approval as well as the department chairman's concurrence. Contract forms for such course approval are available through the college office of academic affairs.

The independent study program is primarily intended to provide enrichment. However, it may be utilized on a limited and approved basis to complete deficiencies when no other course of action is available.

A 3.000 or higher GPA is normally required to participate in the program. Documentation on the contract's satisfactory fulfillment should be on file in the department office and with the college office of academic affairs.


Contact us

College of Engineering
1515 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53233

Dean's office: (414) 288-6591
Prospective students: (414) 288-7302
Academic Advising Center: (414) 288-6000
Contact form