|Classwork: In-class work on preparing for the final course portfolio.
Writing Task: Instead of an in-class final exam, students will prepare a final course portfolio in which they include
- English 1001: A brief essay reflecting on what you have learned in the course
- English 1002: A brief essay explaining and reflecting upon the intersection of ethics and rhetoric
- A revision of essay 1, 2, or 3 + gradesheet + peer review sheets
- Copies of all 4 graded essays + gradesheets
- A signed permission form, granting the FYE program permission to publish their essays for TA training and/or for classroom teaching purposes
- An SASE envelope (if student wants instructor to mail the papers)
Due Date, Time, & Place:
Tuesday of Finals Week, 3:30-5:30. Location stipulated by instructor.
The instructor decides how this revision will count and announces it on the syllabus. Some options include
- New grade replaces the original one.
- Original and revision grades may be averaged.
- Revision may count as separate points/percentage.
Back to English 1001 Details Back to English 1002 Details