In today's rapidly changing world, there is intense demand for women and men who understand other cultures and can communicate in more languages than their own. They know that a new language is an open door into very different ways of living and understanding the world.
Explore the incredible diversity of the Francophone world, from Paris to Quebec to Haiti, through literature, film and culture. Study French for the professions, and use it in business-related fields. Live the language through service learning.
For a better understanding and proficiency in your language, we limit class sizes to encourage greater student participation.
Put your skills to practice by spending a semester studying abroad in France.
Major courses are bolded.
- French I & II
- UCCS - Rhetoric and Composition I & II
- UCCS - Histories of Cultures and Societies*
- UCCS - Introduction to Theology
- UCCS - Science and Nature*
- French Composition and Conversation
- French Phonetics
- UCCS - Mathematical Reasoning*
- UCCS - Literature/Performing Arts*
- UCCS - Philosophy of Human Nature
- UCCS - Individual and Social Behavior*
- Two French Courses
- Introduction to Textual Analysis
- Advanced Grammar and Written Expression
- UCCS - Diverse Cultures
- UCCS - Theory of Ethics
- UCCS - Theology*
- Four French Courses
- Senior Experience
*Choose from list of approved UCCS (University Core of Common Studies) courses offered by the College of Arts and Sciences.