ROTC scholarship enhancements
Marquette is honored to be a host institution for the Air Force, Army and Navy/Marine ROTC programs. Marquette has a longstanding affiliation with the U.S. armed forces.
Beginning as early as 1916, and solidifying in the late '30s and early '40s, Marquette ROTC students have learned to lead with their heads and their hearts. The leadership skills instilled by ROTC are further enhanced by the university's commitment to educating the whole person: physically, mentally and spiritually. Together, we shape morally fit leaders aware of their environment with a healthy respect for others.
For additional program details regarding this award review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
Three-year scholarship enhancement
- Semesters 1 and 2: $6,500 scholarship toward university charges per semester
- Semesters 3 to 8: $2,500 scholarship toward university charges per semester
Four-year scholarship enhancement
- Semesters 1 to 8: $3,500 scholarship toward university charges per semester
- Not applicable
- Recipients must be awarded an Army, Navy/Marines or Air Force ROTC scholarship
- All newly awarded incoming (freshman or transfer) three- and four-year ROTC scholarship winners receive the enhancement.
- The ROTC enhancement is awarded on a semester basis
- Other conditions of the award will be communicated to ROTC scholarship recipients
- Current Marquette students who receive an ROTC award subsequent to their enrollment are not eligible for the enhancement.
What happens if I leave the ROTC program?
If you leave the ROTC program, your ROTC enhancement will no longer be in effect. Your original Ignatius scholarships (if any) will be restored for the remainder of the term they are in effect (until your eighth semester) provided you maintain the requirements of the original scholarship.