The Department of Facilities Services is leading maintenance and construction projects around campus this summer, which may affect parking and pedestrian walkways.
Major summer construction and maintenance projects include:
Al McGuire Center
The men’s basketball practice locker room is being enhanced this summer. Acoustical improvements to the Kasten practice gym are planned, as well as improvements to the weight room.
- Sidewalks are being replaced in numerous areas around campus, including the east AMU entry, west of McCormick Hall, north of Helfaer Theatre and the Haggerty Museum of Art entry.
- Parking lots and structures are being upgraded, including Lots A, F, J and R.
- Campus chilled water lines are being extended under Wisconsin Avenue and between Olin Engineering and the southeast corner of the AMU.
Building façade repairs are being made.
Clark Hall lobby upgrades
The floor and ceiling in the Clark Hall lobby are being replaced this summer.
- Various classrooms throughout campus are being upgraded to Smart Classrooms
- Wehr Physics 141 and 153 are receiving new lighting, seating and Smart Classroom AV improvements and card readers.
- Cramer Hall 104J is being upgraded to a Smart Classroom and the ceiling and lighting control system are being replaced.
- Wehr Chemistry 100 is receiving Smart Classroom upgrades, a new lighting control system, new carpeting and adjustments to the front demonstration area to improve sight lines to the boards and screens.
- Straz Hall 369 is receiving additional electrical outlets
Modifications are being made to the reception and general office areas to enlarge work spaces.
Historic Core renovations
- Sensenbrenner Hall: Landscaping and final site work is taking place this summer.
- Marquette Hall: Renovations continue on the lower level through the third floor, including the three large lecture halls. The fourth floor will be renovated this fall.
- Johnston Hall: The building is closed this summer so that the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and technology systems can be replaced. Possible interior space reconfigurations are being studied and a modest amount of interior renovations are expected to take place this summer.
- Coughlin Hall: Modifications are being made to the second and third floors to house the Educational Opportunity Program. Work on those floors will continue this fall.
- The existing service elevator is being replaced to allow it to be used by building occupants.
- Building façade repairs are being made.
The dean’s office is being renovated to accommodate the new Academic Advising Office.
A range of upgrades are planned, including replacing flooring and lighting, painting walls and minor space adjustments. Due to maintenance, the bathrooms at the Rec Plex will be closed intermittently throughout the summer.
Schroeder Complex upgrades
- Upgrades to the floors, ceilings, walls and signage in the public spaces of the first floor of Schroeder Complex are planned.
- The second floor corridor, rooms 071, 453 and 453B are being renovated.
- The building’s HVAC system is being updated.
A new scoreboard is being installed at the soccer field.
Wehr Life Science
Rooms 112,112b and 112C will be updated to include new ceilings, lighting, carpet and painting.