History (HIST) Application Requirements
Applicants must submit, directly to the Marquette University Graduate School:
- A completed online application form and $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette.
- A one-page statement of purpose specifying proposed areas of study and activities, along with employment, since graduation.
- Three letters of recommendation from former teachers.
- GRE scores (General Test only).
- (For doctoral applicants only) a writing sample. Ideally, the sample should be the master's thesis, but, for graduates of non-thesis programs, it may consist of a formal seminar paper.
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.