Access our ongoing ONLINE ORIENTATION, intended for incoming spring and summer 2017 Graduate School students. Get familiarized with our campus, policies, and procedures.
We also offer an in-person orientation for each new fall class. Since you are beginning your studies in spring, you may access the online orientation now to get started at Marquette. You may also attend the next August event along with the new fall class to find out about next academic year's policy changes.
Graduate School orientations are not mandatory.
The next in-person event will be held Thursday evening, August 24, 2017. It will be similar to last year's, which is outlined below.
1324 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Activities: 4 to 6 p.m.
Presentation: 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Social: 7:30 to 8 p.m.
The Marquette University Graduate School will host its orientation for incoming graduate students Thursday evening, August 24, 2017. We will present useful information on how to succeed in our graduate programs and identify many campus services available to students.
Presentations will include: Graduate School and MU policies, library resources, IT services, general academic requirements, student organizations, student life, and campus resources.
Refreshments will be offered prior to the presentations. Attendees will have the chance to take a campus tour, get their ID cards, parking, and books, and visit informational booths. A social will be held after the presentations.
Fall 2016 Orientation Information
- Watch the presentations from 8/25/16 online.
- Follow along with last year's slide show, which was shown during the presentations.
- Scroll through informational slides that were shown in the venue prior to the presentation.
Fall 2017 Event Information
- 4 to 5 p.m. Get your books at neighborhood bookstores and your MU ID card in the Alumni Memorial Union's Union Station
- 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. Thirty-minute campus tours, starting in the Varsity Theatre lobby about every 15 minutes (last tour leaves at 5:15 p.m.)
- 5 to 6 p.m. Check-in, refreshments, informational booths, Parking passes - all in the Varsity Theatre lobby
- Program (6 to 7:30 p.m.) View Sample Agenda
- Graduate Student Social (7:30 to 8 p.m.), hosted by Marquette University's Graduate Student Organization, scheduled to be held after the presentation.
- Information about parking, directions, and additional information for the event.
- Call the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for additional information, or email email@example.com.
Other Orientation Opportunities
- The orientation hosted by the Graduate School is geared toward students from most graduate programs. It is not mandatory and it is very general in nature. Some, but not all, departments also offer program-specific orientations; check with your department for more information.
- Graduate School of Management students (accounting, business administration, economics, human resources) please visit the GSM online orientation website or call (414) 288-7145 for your orientation information.
- A mandatory orientation for international students is held each fall and spring term through the Office of International Education (OIE). Teaching Assistants are also required to participate in OIE's TA orientation. The International Teaching Assistant Program (ITAP) is mandatory for all new international Teaching Assistants. Please visit OIE's website for more information or call (414) 288-7289.