Access our ongoing ONLINE ORIENTATION
for Incoming Spring 2013 Graduate Students
The Graduate School is proud to present an online orientation for incoming spring graduate students. Click on the link above to begin your orientation to Marquette University!
We offer an in-person orientation for the incoming fall class. Our next in-person event is scheduled to be held Thursday, August 22, 2013. Information on the last live event is below, and they are similar from year to year.
Since you are beginning your studies in spring, you may access the online orientation now to get started at Marquette. You may also attend the August event along with the incoming fall class to find out about the next academic year's university policy changes.
Please note that neither orientation offered by the Graduate School is mandatory.
We at the Graduate School wish you all the best as you begin your graduate studies at Marquette University. Please contact us via phone at (414) 288-7137 or via email with any questions or concerns along the way. We will be happy to assist you.
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Activities 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Presentation 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Social 7:30 - 8 p.m.
The Graduate School hosted its orientation for incoming graduate students Thursday evening, August 23, 2012. Our goal was to present useful information on how to succeed in your programs, what campus services are available to you, and what it means to study at a Catholic, Jesuit university.
- Graduate Student Academic Requirements
- Policies of the Graduate School
- Library Resources
- IT Services and Computer Lab Information
- Student Health Service and Health Insurance Options
- Student Organizations of PFF and GSO
- Campus Life / Campus Resources
- Graduate School Office Information
The event was held in the Varsity Theatre (1324 W. Wisconsin Ave.), with a lecture-style presentation starting at 6 p.m. and ending at 7:30 p.m., featuring several speakers. Light refreshments were offered prior to the presentation.
- View speaker slides for the August 23, 2012 orientation.
Note: The speaker slides were printed and placed in the folders.
- View informational slides from the August 2012 event.
Note: The 2012 informational slides were scrolling in the theatre prior to the presentation.
- View the 2012 speaker video recordings!
- Activities (4:30 - 6 p.m.), Activities were held in the Varsity Theatre lobby with the exception of getting ID cards and purchasing books. MUID's were taken in the Alumni Memorial Union; the campus bookstores were open prior to and during the event.
- Program Agenda (6 - 7:30 p.m.), The presentation was held in the Varsity Theatre.
- Graduate Student Social (7:30 - 8 p.m.), A student social with light refreshments, hosted by Marquette University's Graduate Student Organization, was held in the lobby of the Varsity Theatre after the presentation.
- Information about parking, directions, and additional information for the event.
- Online sign up for this event is now over.
- Call the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for additional information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Orientation Opportunities