1. Teaching Assistantships: TAs assist faculty with various instructional duties. They may function as classroom teachers, lab or quiz instructors, or instructional assistants.

2. Research Assistantships: RAs assist faculty in conducting research and are expected to perform research-related work assigned by their supervisors.

3. Graduate Assistantships: GAs may perform a combination of TA and RA duties as determined by their departments.

4. Graduate Service Assistantships: GSA positions are awarded for the primary purpose of gaining experience, practice, or guidance that is significantly connected to the students’ field of study and career preparation. Graduate Service Assistants typically serve the university outside of an academic department and may provide service to off-campus organizations affiliated with the university.  


Contact Us

The Graduate School, Holthusen Hall, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1881
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
(414) 288-7137

Visit the contact page for more information