- John Mohammad, technical support specialist, received the 2013 Excellence in University Service Award. The award recognizes individuals for their contributions to the essential work of Marquette at the highest level of excellence. Faculty, staff and deans from Education and Nursing all commented on John's ability to fix any problem that arises. One nominator wrote, "In my nearly 40 years of experience, John qualifies as the most talented, responsive, effective, pleasant and dedicated technology professional I've ever encountered" (June 2013).
- Kathy Lang, CIO, was honored with IT Executive of the Year Award in the nonprofit category from the Wisconsin chapter of the Society for Information Management (May 2013).
- More awards
- Dan Smith, Deputy CIO, presented "Upgrading to Project Server 2013 and UMT 360" in Anaheim, Calif. (February 2014).
- Dan Smith, Deputy CIO, presented "Portfolio Management that Works - An IT Executive's Perspective" at the CampIT Conference in Chicago Ill. (October 2013).
- Mary Hammes, Financial Systems Lead App Specialist, presented "Going From the CUSTOM.pll to Personalizations" at the National Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) conference in Denver, CO (April 2013).
- More presentations
- Tony Ciske, Windows system administrator, was featured in a Microsoft case study, "University Gains Cost-Effective Disaster Recovery Solution with Software Upgrade" (December 2013).
- Kathy Lang, CIO, was featured in a HP case study, "HP Z1 Workstations empower students to tackle real-world problems" (PDF) (November 2013).
- Dan Smith, Deputy CIO, and Victor Martinez, Windows engineer and lead, was featured in a Microsoft case study, "University Upgrades Communications Capabilities to Improve Access and Reliability" (February 2013).
- More case studies
- Kurt Gering, project manager and adjunct instructor, was elected to the Marquette University Academic Senate for a three-year term from 2014 to 2017. He is also member of the Faculty Council, the Subcommittee on Part-time Faculty and in that role serves as liaison to the Committee on Faculty Welfare (April 2014).
- Mykl Novak, web development manager, was inducted into the National Residence Hall Honorary society for having made outstanding contributions to Marquette University's residence hall systems (April 2013).
- More achievements