Symantec Antivirus for Windows
- Determine if your computer has 32- or 64-bit Windows installed.
- Windows 7: Select the Start menu. Right-click the "Computer" option, and then select Properties. This will take you to a page displaying the system specifications.
- Windows 8.1: Click the Folder icon on the Taskbar. Right-click This PC in the left pane. Select Properties. This will take you to a page displaying the system specifications.
- Windows 10: Select the Start button, right-click File Explorer and choose Properties. This will take you to a page displaying the system specifications.
- Login to Marquette's Microsoft site
WITH YOUR MARQUETTE.EDU EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD to download Symantec Antivirus installer for:
- Read the Windows installation instructions
- If the software detects a virus infection, call the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799 for assistance.
- Once installation is complete, you may delete the downloaded file from your Desktop.
Stinger for Windows
Download Stinger, a free virus tool that identifies and eliminates the top high-risk viruses from your computer. IMPORTANT: Stinger is not a substitute for the full anti-virus protection you receive from anti-virus software.
Symantec Antivirus for Macintosh