CheckMarq, the student information system, allows guest access so others can view grades, bursar and/or financial aid information and make payments. With the guest username and password, parents, guardians, spouses, etc., are able to monitor the student's academic progress, financial aid, and/or tuition balances and payments.
Once the student provides guests the ability to view grades, bursar and/or financial aid information, the student can share the account information with as many users as he or she wishes. The student is always in control, and can reset the password at any time.
What Is Shared via Guest Access?
- If you chose to share My Bursar Account access, your guest can see your current tuition balance. There are also links for your guest to pay tuition via credit card or e-payment.
- If you chose My Financial Aid Account access, your guest can see what aid was offered to you and whether you accepted it.
The guest cannot accept or decline financial aid.
- If you chose My Grades access, your guest can see your final and mid-term grades.
- If you have already setup guest access and you would like see what you guest sees, the best way is to logout from CheckMarq as a student and login as your guest!
How Do I Setup Guest Access?
Guest Access to CheckMarq can only be set up by the student.
- Login into CheckMarq at https://checkmarq.mu.edu
- From the Menu on the left, click "Setup Guest Access."
- Click Guest Roles.
- Select the appropriate check boxes to share My Grades, My Bursar Account and/or My Financial Aid Account and click Submit.
- You will see a page confirming your choices.
First-time users: You need to assign a password to your guest account. Be sure to click the link for first-time guest password setup. A new browser window appears requiring you to login. Enter your CheckMarq username and password.
Once you enter your username and password correctly, you will be prompted to enter a separate password for the guest account. Make sure this guest password different from your student password.
Remember: Just like your own CheckMarq password, your Guest Access password must be changed at least every 180 days.
- Note that your guest username is your student CheckMarq username with -G, or "hyphen G" so a student with username 2991SMITHJ has a guest username of 2991SMITHJ-G.
- Now you can share the guest username and guest password with your parent, guardian, spouse, or any other person you trust. Tell your guest to login at https://checkmarq.mu.edu or visit the Marquette home page at www.marquette.edu, click "CheckMarq Login" on the bottom right of the page.
Remember: As a student, you are in control of the roles assigned to your guest and the password associated with the account.
If you have further questions about Guest Access to CheckMarq,
please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.