Importing glossary terms
You have the option to create all of the glossary words for your course at one time on your computer and import them into Learning Environment all at once.
To import multiple glossary terms, you must supply a CSV (comma separated values) file containing your glossary information. Each field in this file should be separated by a comma and each row by a line break. The first field in the first row must contain the text 'Term' and the second field must contain the text 'Definition'. All subsequent rows will contain the actual terms and definitions that you want to import. A sample CSV file is available on the Import Terms page.
Import glossary terms
- On the main Glossary page, click the Import Terms icon. The Import Terms page displays.
- To see a sample import file, click the Download sample CSV file link and save the file to a location of your choice, then open the file.
- Once you have created a CSV import file, click the Browse button and locate the file, then click Open.
- Click the Import Terms button. A preview page is displayed, showing all of the terms found in the CSV file.
- Select the terms you want to import using the check boxes beside each term. (By default, all terms are selected.)
- If you want to modify the title or definition of any term before importing, you can do so directly from this page.
- Click Import Selected Terms to finish importing the terms.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.