About Intelligent Agents
Intelligent agents monitor an org unit to find activity that matches criteria that you set. The criteria that the agents search for are:
- login activity
- course activity
- release conditions in Learning Environment.
You can use existing release conditions, or create new ones for your agents. The agent then sends a separate email to the user that created the agent when it finds users matching its criteria.
You can run agents manually or set them to run on a schedule; daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
When you run an agent manually, it sends a confirmation email to the user that requested or set up the agent. This email lists the following information:
- org unit code and name
- which agent ran
- time and date the request was submitted
- time and date the request was finished
- whether the agent took action
- any error text
Example uses for intelligent agents include:
- email for users with grades below a certain level
- check for users that have not logged in within a specific number of days
- check for users that view a specific content topic
Access the Intelligent Agents tool
Do one of the following:
- Click the Intelligent Agents link in the Course Administration widget.
- Click the Edit Course link and choose Intelligent Agents on the Course Administration page.
Intelligent Agents help topics
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.