Creating a custom navbar link
Custom links enable you to create direct URL links to third-party tools and other areas of Learning Environment.
Create a custom link
- On the main Navbars page, select Custom Links from the top navigation area.
- Click New Custom Link.
- Give your link a Name and Description.
- Add a Custom icon if desired.
- Enter the URL that you want the custom link to go to, or click the Quicklinks icon and select the internal learning component you want to link to.
- Select Share this custom link to child org unit(s) if you want org units, such as courses, below the current org unit in your organization's hierarchy to be able to use the custom link (not available at the course level).
- Click Save.
Once you have created your custom links, they appear with other links on the Edit Navbar page. You can also create a custom link directly from the Edit Navbar page by selecting the Add New Custom Link option from a link area action menu.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.