Creating a navbar template
Navbar templates define the look of a navigation bar, including its size, background graphics and link fonts.
When you create a navbar template it is automatically shared with all org units below the org unit in which it is created (child org units) in your organization's hierarchy. This means if you create a navbar template from a department it is shared with all courses in that department. However, if you create a navbar template in a course, you cannot share it with other courses because they are at the same level in the organization hierarchy.
Create a navbar template
- On the main Navbars page, select Templates from the top navigation area.
- Click the New Template button.
- Give your navbar template a Name and Description.
- Click Save.
- Select the Style tab.
- Select the template panel you want to edit styles for by clicking on it in the template image.
Tip You may also tab to the panel or select the panel from a list of headings.
- Update the styles for each panel as desired.
- Your changes are not saved until you click Save.
- You can preview your changes in the Template Preview area at the bottom of the page, or by clicking Preview Template in the action bar at the top of the page.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.