Creating a Fill in the Blanks Question in the quiz tool
Desire2Learn recommends that the total weight of your answers equals 100%, but this is not required. For example, if the question has a Point value of 3, and the question contains 3 answers with a Weight (%) of 50%, 100%, and 33.33%, then the first answer is worth 1.5 points (50% of the question's Point value of 3), the second answer is worth 3 (100% of the question's Point value of 3), and the third answer is worth 1 (33.33% of the question's Point value of 3). Therefore, if a user answers all the answers correctly, the total points awarded for the question would be 5.5.
- Assign a Points value and a Difficulty level.
- Enter the text that appears before the first blank in the first text field.
- Choose your blank size in the drop-down list.
- If you want to add more answers, click the Add Answer.
- Enter a Weight (%) for each answer. The answer Weight (%) is a percentage of the assigned Point value for the question. For example, if the question has a Point value of 3, and the question contains 3 answers with a Weight (%) of 33.33% each, then each question is worth 1 point. (Each answer is worth 1/3 of the question's Point value.)
- Enter the text that appears after the first blank in the next text field.
- If you want to add more text and blank options, click Add Text Add Blank.
Note When creating a survey, adding answers is not required.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.