Creating a random section folder
- Select the quiz you want to add random questions to.
- Select the Layout/Questions tab.
- Click Add/Edit Questions.
- From the Section drop-down list, choose Random Section and click Go.
- Enter a Section Name (for example, “random short answers”).
- Optional: Add a message to be displayed with the section (for example “The next five questions will involve the Biology and Chemistry unit”).
- Check any applicable Display Options and click Save.
- A green folder displays in the list of questions/sections for your quiz. Click on the folder you just created.
- Click the Import button.
- Choose the section you want to import questions from in the Source Section drop-down list, or choose Collection Root to view a list of all questions in the Question Library.
- Check the questions you want to include in the random section. You can automatically select all the questions in one section by checking the box beside the desired folder.
- Click Save. The questions are now included in the random section folder.
- At the top of the page, type the number of questions you want each user to see from the random section and assign a mark value for the questions.
- Click Save.
Note All questions in one random section must have the same point value.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.