Creating and editing surveys
Create a new survey
- Select the Survey link from your course navbar.
- Click the New Survey icon to create a new survey, or select the name of the survey you want to edit from the list.
The Properties tab displays by default when you create or edit a survey.
- Type a Name for your survey.
- If the give instant feedback box is checked, users will receive feedback immediately after answering a question.
- Check the make results anonymous option to hide user data in survey results. The responses to survey questions are available for all users, but the system does not report who made what response.
- If you want to add a message, click Expand Messages and enter your message in the appropriate text field:
- Description use as a summary description of the survey
- Submission Message a message users see after completing the survey
- Enter text in the Page Footer field that is shown to users at the end of the survey.
- Click Add Rubric to associate the folder with a rubric. Click the Create Rubric in New Window link to create a new rubric for this assignment. (See Creating a rubric for more information.)
- Click Save Survey.
Use the Special Access feature to override the availability settings of a survey for specific individuals, or to restrict a survey only to identified users.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Click Add Users to Special Access in the Advanced Availability section.
- If you want to make the survey available to selected users during a special time period, enter a Start Date and/or End Date in the Special Access Properties section.
- Select the check boxes beside the users you want to assign special access to.
- Click Add Special Access.
- On the Edit page, if you want to limit access to prevent other users from accessing the survey, select Allow only users with special access to see this survey.
- Click Save Survey at the top of the page.
© 1999-2011 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.