This is a list of known D2L issues that IT Services and Desire2Learn are currently working to resolve. There is no need to report these issues to the help desk.
- OUTSTANDING, July 22, 2014: Flickr searches via the Insert Stuff tool do not return any results. Flickr has changed the way they interact with third-party searches, causing this feature to stop working in D2L. D2L is aware of the issue and will be releasing an update to fix it but no fix is available at this time.
- OUTSTANDING, June 10, 2013: D2L connection may timeout while trying to download large files. Some D2L downloads may not complete because the file size is too large. This is especially true on home and public wireless networks. Accordingly, course creators should try to limit their file size to 80 MB.
- OUTSTANDING, May 28, 2013: Grader app for iPad does not currently work with our D2L system. Users can log in to Marquette's D2L site with the app and are left with a small window that they can use to browse the site, but Dropbox items do not sync with the Grader app. We have an open request with D2L to try and resolve this issue.
- OUTSTANDING, May 17, 2013: Drag and drop functionality to add new files in the Content area does not work in Internet Explorer 9 or 10 and Safari 5. Drag and drop functionality to add new files in the Content area does work in the newest versions of Firefox and Chrome. Please use one of these browsers if you would like to use this function.
- OUTSTANDING, May 17, 2013: Narrated Powerpoint files do not work properly via the in-line document viewer. Students will be able to access the files and see all of the slides in their web browser but they will not hear the audio. The workaround for this is to click the "Download" button at the bottom of the page where they view the file and open it in Powerpoint. The audio will play correctly in Powerpoint.