Respondus LockDown Browser™ creates a “locked” online testing environment for Desire2Learn quizzes.
When students use Lockdown Browser it works like a standard browser but they are unable to:
- Enter new web addresses (URLs)
- Access other applications (such as Instant Messenger or another browser for searching)
- Minimize, resize, or exit the quiz until it is submitted for grading
- Copy and paste to and from a quiz
- Print or take screen shots of questions
Additional Information about using Lockdown Browser
- A link to another web page on a quiz opens another browser window that is secure.
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled except Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Right-click, key+click and function key options are disabled
- Source code for the HTML page cannot be viewed
For more help, contact the IT Services Help