- When you access a quiz with the LockDown Browser enabled, the instructions
screen will inform you that the LockDown Browser is required. If you are not
already using this browser, you will be given a link to the Respondus site to
download it for free.
- PC Installation Instructions for Lockdown
Click the download link for Respondus Lockdown Browser provided on the instructions screen for your quiz.
- During the installation, select Yes if prompted to accept programs from Respondus.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the install.
- Mac Installation Instructions for Lockdown Browser
- Be sure that OSX 10.5 or higher is being used (512K RAM
- Click the download link for Respondus Lockdown Browser provided on the instructions screen for your quiz.
- Follow the download page instructions to obtain the correct installation program.
- Start the LockDown Browser installation program and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- After installing LockDown Browser, close all open programs and double-click
on the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop. (Macintosh users, launch
“LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.) This will take you directly to
the D2L login page. Login, navigate to your course, and take the quiz. Once the
quiz is started, you will be unable to access any resources on that computer
until you submit the exam.
Quick Start Guide
Back to Quizzes
with LockDown Browser