IT Services offers test scanning for instructors to score multiple choice exams and quizzes using IT Services-supplied answer sheets.
How to Request Test Scanning and Scoring
The Test Scoring, Analysis and Recording system involves a simple process each time instructors wish to give a test.
- At least two business days before the exam, fill out Form 1 and return to the IT Services Help Desk in Cudahy Hall, 293 or email the form to email@example.com. This form generates the set of answer sheets and creates a secure, web-based SharePoint site for the scan results. The primary instructor will receive an e-mail with a link to a SharePoint site. The link and site are not recreated for each exam, only once a semester. If you do not login to your computer with your Marqnet username and password when your computer starts up, you will need to enter marqnet\username when logging into SharePoint.
- Give the exam. The new system requires students to identify the answer key used by filling the correct bubble. Even if there is only one answer key for the exam, students must fill in the "1" bubble for the answer key.
- Return the answers sheets, key(s), and Form 2 to the IT Services Help Desk in Cudahy Hall, 293.
- Scanning results are posted to the SharePoint site within one business day. You will have immediate access to the reports via the SharePoint site for review and printing if desired.
- Scanned answer sheets are returned to the primary instructor at the IT Services Help Desk in Cudahy Hall, 293 or via campus mail.
For detailed instructions on the above process, download How To Scan and Score Tests (PDF).
Form 1: Printed Exam Sheets Request Form
Form 2: Scan and Score Exam Requests
See the Frequently Asked Questions.
For additional questions about scanning and scoring tests, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at 414-288-7799 or e-mail TSAR@marquette.edu.