This information is for student applicants setting up their Marquette account.
PART ONE: ANSWER YOUR SECURITY QUESTIONS
- Marquette University sends a CheckMarq welcome email messsage to the personal email accounts of student applicants. Make sure you have that email handy because it lists your username and initial password.
- Go to https://pwdreg.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.)
Using the welcome email, enter your username and password and click OK.
Tip: Make sure to enter your username and not your email address.
Note: If you are having trouble logging in, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.
- Once you are logged in successfully, you will see the "Marquette Password Reset - Registration" page. Click Next.
- You are prompted to create answers to password recovery questions. Please note:
Be sure you know these answers well you will need these answers to create your password in Step 7 below.
- You must register at least three answers.
- Each answer must contain at least four characters.
- No two answers may be the same.
Enter three or more answers and click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Your answers take a moment to save. If successful, you will see this message.
Note: If you are having trouble registering your answers, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.
PART TWO: RESET YOUR PASSWORD
- Next, to create a password for your Marquette account, go to https://reset.mu.edu/. (This link opens in a new browser tab or window.)
You are prompted for your username. Refer to the welcome email for your username. Enter your username and click Next.
- Verify your identity by answering two of your password recovery questions created in Step 4. Click Next.
Note: If you cannot recall your answers, return to Step 2 to recreate these password answers.
- If you enter your answers correctly, you are prompted to choose your new password. Please note:
Enter your new password then re-enter your new password. Click Next.
- Your new password must be 8 characters long or more.
- It must include THREE of the following:
· UPPERCASE characters (A to Z)
· lowercase characters (a to z)
· Numbers 0 through 9
· Non-alphabet characters, for example !,$,#,%
- It must not include all or part of:
· your username
· your first name
· your last name
- If your new password was created successfully, you will see the message "Success: Your password has been reset."
- Login with your new password to Marquette University systems, such as the CheckMarq student information system or the eMarq email system.
If you have further questions, see the Frequently Asked Questions or contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799.