Does your Android device have a network connection?
Make sure you have an active network connection by browsing the web. If you are on campus and using MU_Wireless, your web browser will prompt you to enter your Marquette username and password. Please do so to establish a wireless connection. If your Android device can browse web pages, you have a network connection and you may continue.
Set up your Office 365 Mail account
- Locate the Settings gear icon and tap it.
- Navigate the settings until you see Accounts or Accounts & Sync.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. This account option may be called Corporate or Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your email address as email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Make sure your email address ends in @marquette.edu (and not @mu.edu).
- For password, enter your Marquette password. Tap Next or the forward arrow.
- Samsung device users: If prompted about Activation, tap OK.
- If prompted about a security certificate warning, tap Continue.
- If prompted, tap OK for remote security administration.
- For Domain\username, if needed, re-enter your email address as email@example.com
- If prompted for Exchange server, use outlook.office365.com
- If prompted, select or keep checked the option to use a secure connection, which also may appear as SSL or SSL/TLS. If prompted, use 443 for the Port.
- Tap Next or the forward arrow.
- Depending on your Android version and device manufacturer, you may be prompted with more options. Configure your account options as desired, tapping Next or the forward arrow with each screen.
- If prompted about updating your security settings or activating the device administrator, tap the option to Update or Activate.
- If prompted for an account name, make the account name your email address or Marquette or MU. Tap Done or Next or the forward arrow.
- If you were not asked about updating your security settings earlier, you may be prompted to do so now; tap the option to Update or Activate.
Your recent Marquette email will sync. Navigate to the Email app icon and tap it to view your Inbox. Note: If you have not received any email recently, no messages will appear in your Inbox. Try sending an email to yourself to have a message in your Inbox.
- You're done!
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about email account setup on Office 365.
Back to Switching Office 365 Mail and Calendar