Does your Android device have a network connection?
Make sure you have an active network connection by browsing the web. If you are on campus and using MU_Wireless, your web browser will prompt you to enter your Marquette username and password. Please do so to establish a wireless connection. If your Android device can browse web pages, you have a network connection and you may continue.
Delete your Marquette account from Android Email
- Locate the Settings gear icon and tap it.
- Navigate the settings until you see Accounts or Accounts & Sync.
- From the Accounts screen, identify the account you use for Marquette email and tap it. It might be called Corporate, Exchange, Exchange ActiveSync or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- The account appears with its account name. You may see your Marquette email address associated with the account if you chose that name. Tap the account name.
If you do not see a Marquette email account in Accounts or Accounts & Sync, you have not used Marquette email with the Android Email app. Skip to the next section, "Set up your Office 365 Mail account."
- Tap Remove Account. You may need to tap the three vertical dots icon to reveal the "Remove Account" option.
- When prompted, confirm that you really want to remove the account. This deletion will not remove messages, calendar entries or contacts from your Marquette email account.
- Wait briefly for your account to delete. You will return to the Accounts (or Accounts & Sync) screen.
Set up your Office 365 Mail account
- You are still at the Accounts (or Accounts & Sync) screen. Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. This account option may be called Corporate or Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
Make sure your email address ends in @marquette.edu (and not @mu.edu).
- For password, enter your Marquette password. Tap Next or the forward arrow.
- Samsung device users: If prompted about Activation, tap OK.
- If prompted about a security certificate warning, tap Continue.
- If prompted, tap OK for remote security administration.
- For Domain\username, if needed, re-enter your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org
- If prompted for Exchange server, use outlook.office365.com
- If prompted, select or keep checked the option to use a secure connection, which also may appear as SSL or SSL/TLS. If prompted, use 443 for the Port.
- Tap Next or the forward arrow.
- Depending on your Android version and device manufacturer, you may be prompted with more options. Configure your account options as desired, tapping Next or the forward arrow with each screen.
- If prompted about updating your security settings or activating the device administrator, tap the option to Update or Activate.
- If prompted for an account name, make the account name your email address or Marquette or MU. Tap Done or Next or the forward arrow.
- If you were not asked about updating your security settings earlier, you may be prompted to do so now; tap the option to Update or Activate.
Your recent Marquette email will sync. Navigate to the Email app icon and tap it to view your Inbox. Note: If you have not received any email recently, no messages will appear in your Inbox. Try sending an email to yourself to have a message in your Inbox.
- You're done!
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about email account setup on Office 365.
Back to Switching Office 365 Mail and Calendar