These instructions are for iOS devices iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 10, but older versions of iOS may work as well.
Does your iOS device have a network connection?
Make sure you have an active network connection by browsing the web with the Safari app. If you are on campus and using MU_Wireless, Safari will prompt you to enter your Marquette username and password. Please do so to establish a wireless connection. If Safari can browse web pages, you have a network connection and you may continue.
Set up your Office 365 Mail account
- Locate your Settings icon and tap it.
- Scroll down and tap Mail (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars for older versions of iOS).
- Tap Accounts. (Older versions of iOS can skip this step.)
- Tap Exchange. Wait for the device to respond.
- Enter your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
Make sure your email address ends in @marquette.edu (and not @mu.edu).
- For password, enter your Marquette password.
- For description: If you want, you may change the description to "Marquette" or "MU."
- In the upper right, tap Next. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will attempt to verify Exchange account information.
If you are prompted for details about the Server, Domain, Username and Password, you did not successfully connect and you may have a typo. In the upper left, tap Cancel and try re-entering your information. Also, note that the system will allow three login attempts. After three unsuccessful attempts, your account is locked out from access for 15 minutes.
- If you entered your information correctly, you will be prompted to select which items you want to access from your iOS device: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes. Make sure Mail is chosen then select any others as you like.
- In the upper right, tap Save.
- Your Marquette account will appear listed. If you want to increase the amount of mail on your device, tap your Marquette account by name to reveal the "Mail Days to Sync" option. Choose an option (e.g., 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month).
- Press the home button the single button at the base of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Tap the Mail icon and navigate to your Marquette mailbox to check your Inbox.
Note: Your recent Marquette email will sync. If you have not received any email recently, no messages will appear in your Inbox. Try sending an email to yourself to have a message in your Inbox.
- You're done!
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about email account setup on Office 365.