Microsoft SharePoint is a dynamic and interactive site that allows users to collaborate and manage content via a browser.
- SharePoint can be mapped to access documents in a shared folder. You can easily access your documents and files from your desktop or any Microsoft Office application.
- Access SharePoint documents online from any computer, without using VPN.
- Set alerts to be notified of changes to documents.
- Link items (Calendar, Contacts) with Outlook for Windows.
- Site administrators and contributors can determine user permissions for document libraries.
- Create private sites for different departments or committees that only members can see.
- Restrict sites for communicating announcements or events to a department.
- Retrieve documents that might have accidentally been deleted.
- Use the team site template with a document library to create a site.
- Use versioning to track different document versions.
- Use the Apps to make a Wiki.
Back to SharePoint Main Page