Faculty and staff who need mobile communication in their work may be eligible to receive a cellular phone paid by their department under U.S. Cellular's institutional program. Eligibility is determined by the unit's dean, director, or unit manager.
Phones Available through US Cellular
- Voice Phone
US Cellular offers some digital phones for a penny per our contract with them. We can provide you these models when we contact you. Other models are available at a discounted price. To see these models and others click here.
- SmartPhone (voice and data phone)
US Cellular offers many different models of phones that are Windows OS and Android OS. Some that they offer do not work in our environment, therefore we test the phones before they are offered as an option. When you create the request with the Help Desk, someone from IT will contact you and provide you a list of the available phones.
- The data plan and text plan on these phones are bundled with the voice plan. Minute plan options will be provided to you after you have decided on the phone model.
Calling Plans Available
- Corporate Plan is $8.00 per month per access line, plus $.09 per minute. This plan is good for low minute users (less than 250 minutes).
- Minute plan options will be provided once device is chosen.
To view US Cellular's coverage click here.
- Mobile Messaging — Send, receive and reply to short text messages from your phone to most other digital wireless phone users. Incoming messages are free and outgoing messages are charged at $.25 per message. Or you may select a text messaging plan. Options are:
- 250 messages for $4.95
- 750 messages for $9.95
- Unlimited messages for $19.95
- Mobile Paging — Your digital phone works as a pager
- Caller ID — Displays a caller's name and/or number on your phone display
- Call Waiting — Notifies you of an incoming call while on the phone
- Three Way Calling — Call two other people at the same time
- Call Forwarding — Route all incoming calls to another number
- Voicemail with Message Waiting Indicator— Answers your call and records a message
Ordering a Cellular Service Plan, Cellular Phone and/or Accessories for University Work Use
After you have received approval from your area, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at (414) 288-7799 or email@example.com to put in your request. Provide them the Name of the User and Account Number for the user. Someone from IT will then contact you and provide you the phone and calling plan options.