To dial the number, you can use the phone device to punch in an entire number (e.g., 95551212) then either lift the receiver or press the speaker phone key.
If you are on campus, you dial five-digit extension numbers. Extensions beginning with an 8 denote administrative/faculty numbers. Extensions starting with 3 indicate non-direct extensions (e.g., elevator phones or phones in residence hall lobbies).
Off-campus local calls
Dial 9, then dial the desired number (e.g., 95551212).
Direct dial long distance calls
Dial 9 + 1 + Area Code + seven digit number (e.g., 916085551212).
You will be prompted to create a PIN for your phone.
Remember this number as it can only be reset on the phone.
The Polycom CX600 phone is automatically locked when
• you are not logged in to the computer or the computer is locked
• the phone is idle for a preset period of time
To manually lock the phone, click the menu button (middle), and select Lock Phone.
When the phone is locked
• You can make and receive calls, but functionality is limited, for example it is not possible to transfer a call when the phone is locked. In order to transfer the call, you need to unlock and enter the PIN – this can be done without putting the call on hold.
• You cannot access voice mail and calendar when the phone is locked, but you can see the time of your next meeting.
To unlock the phone
• Log in to the computer
• Unlock it manually by pressing Left Select. The PIN entry screen appears. Enter your PIN, and press Left Select or OK.
Contact the Help Desk for telephone repair, moves, additions or removals.