Faculty/Staff: New Outlook Web App upgrade this weekend (Sept. 7-8)
Faculty/staff mailboxes will be upgraded the new eMarq Outlook Web App (OWA) from Sept. 7 to 8. Email quota for faculty/staff will increase to 6 GB. The new OWA features a cleaner design with better support for touch devices such as smartphones and tablets.
During the upgrade:
- eMarq email and calendar will remain generally available. However, during the time that one's mailbox is actually being moved, OWA will not be available; please save all of your work.
- If you call into (414) 288-5800 for voicemail, your voicemail box may be temporarily unavailable. If so, please check your voicemail from your Inbox. After your mailbox has been moved to 2013, the call-in number will work.
- If Microsoft Outlook is open while your mailbox is switching this weekend, you may be prompted to restart Outlook. Please do so.
- If you receive your voicemail in Outlook you will receive an email welcoming you to unified messaging when your mailbox switches.
- A small number of users were directed to use a workaround to reach the options menu in the previous version of OWA. Once the switch is made, please access the options menu directly by logging into the new eMarq OWA.
Also, note that student mailboxes moved to the new OWA last month and the OWA login screen changed on Aug. 6.
Screenshot of the new eMarq OWA Inbox:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What has changed in Outlook Web App 2013?
Learn more about what's new in OWA.
- When I login, I don't see my Inbox, Sent Items and folders. Where can I find them?
On the left of the OWA screen, click the » icon to reveal your Inbox, Sent Items and folders. See animation of showing and hiding folders.
- What if I'm using a smart phone or a non-Microsoft email program for eMarq?
If you encounter problems, you may need to re-apply some settings.
- For POP use:
Authentication: TLS certificate
- For IMAP use:
Authentication: normal password
- For SMTP use:
Contact the IT Services Help Desk if you have questions.